Total Pageviews

Saturday 2 May 2015

Chemo 3 day 1

Chemo 3 Day 1

Of to the hospital again today for my last round of FEC, so glad to see the back of the E part Epirubicin AKA "Red Devil". They don't call it that for nothing, it can cause permanent heart damage not to mention many serious side effects. My dose was four big tubes and as each one went in I counted them down. You have to flush the toilet not once but twice with the lid down and wash your hands for 45 seconds during and after infusion. But for now it's the best weapon against Breast Cancer and we have to deal with it until something better comes along. Thank you red devil for putting me on the right road to saving my life. As the last one finished we celebrated with a cup of tea and M&S chocolate shortbread. Might have something a little stronger later ;-) So just the C and F part to go, Cyclophosphamide and Fluorouracil then I made my way home.

The side effects started to kick in, I was dizzy when I stood up to go home and every time I stand up I have to be really slow or I get really dizzy. On the car journey home I got the heavy led legs feeling. Then a few hours later in kicked a little nausea, aching all over and lethargy. Once home popped all my other pills and luckily the nausea went. Injections ready in the fridge to start on Tuesday, so for 5 days I have 2 injections a day again grrr! My tummy is black, red, yellow and green already as I'm on the blood thinning injections for 3-6 months. My sore mouth has never gone away since chemo 2, but I keep eating the pineapple and ice pops. My taste buds aren't great again either, I usually have 5 cups of tea a day but they taste too metallic at the moment. So I have to drink strong flavours plus 2 litres of water a day. I think my mouth regime of pineapple and mouth washes has kept the ulcers at bay which I'm so happy about, just got one cold sore on my lip that appeared 2 days ago.

I am keeping a diary throughout my journey and I list the side effects and medication and times to take as my chemo brain just doesn't remember. But then who would remember when your popping 30 pills a day some weeks. I had my dinner and managed a cheeky Scrumpy Jack in the evening, and caught up with a bit of TV before bed.

Have a lovely bank holiday weekend one and all. xxxx



Red wee again, but for the last time hehe

A few of my pills

Fragmin injections

Waiting in the day room before chemo.







 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you halfway through chemo, well done. #kickcancersarse x

    ReplyDelete