Total Pageviews

Monday 12 October 2015

Radiotherapy 9 of 15

Radiotherapy 9 of 15

I've just passed the half way mark and can't believe how exhausted I am already, the lethargy reminds me too much of my chemotherapy days! My skin is starting to look a little red too, fingers crossed it doesn't get much worse. My Breast Care Nurse said it will be at it's worse 10-14 days after my last radiotherapy treatment. The good news is it will go away eventually, the bad news is I have to wear factor 50 in any sun for 1-2 years, so no topless bathing for me with my new puppies! Oh well only 6 more 66 mile round trips to go, well until 9th November. When all being well I get my first implant inflation, fingers crossed.

I did manage to beat my 1.7 mile walk but not by much, but I managed 2 miles. Hopefully I'll manage more once I'm recovered from Radiotherapy. Today is the first day I've not managed a walk since starting Radiotherapy sadly.

I've been in a few local papers this last week for the show my friend Lucy is putting on called Cabaresque for Cancer, so looking forward to seeing it, just hope the fatigue doesn't get any worse. Links to newspaper article and where to get tickets below.

http://www.stamfordmercury.co.uk/news/local/burlesque-show-to-bring-smiles-after-hard-year-1-7002944

http://www.wegottickets.com/event/316340



Me and my Radiotherapy Machine Day 6

In the paper again!

Hospital selfie Day 7


Out on a 1.7 mile walk

In the paper again!

Thank you Mandy for my card and gift xx

Out on a 1.6 mile walk
 

Rutland Water Dam


No comments:

Post a Comment