Total Pageviews

Monday 26 October 2015

Last radiotherapy

I celebrated on the evening of my last day of radiotherapy with Cava, drinks and a curry as that was my last day of active treatment, but I've still got a few inflations to go on my implants, a nipple reconstruction and areola tattooing. I've had lots of lovely flowers, plants, alcohol and my partner did a portrait drawing of me, which was a lovely surprise.

It's been nearly a week since my last radiotherapy and it seems my Oncologist was right, I'm so tired now it's unreal and my skin is getting redder and the certain areas of my chest are sore. It is the area that wasn't covered by the wax strip they used to protect my scar, so I'm glad they used that every other day, I can't imagine being this sore on my scar!

My doctor has now changed me from sleeping pills to a low dose of amitriptyline, as this is non addictive and I have been getting 7 hours medicated sleep every night and this weekend I've even managed a bit extra on Saturday after no sleep on Friday due to the pain after sitting for those few hours. I was in pain all weekend due to a few hours out to be the guest of honour at my friends new show, Cabaresque for Cancer, but it was worth it. It was an amazing night, with lots of laughter and a few tears. I hope to post again with a few pictures once they're available. Thank you again Lucy and friends for a wonderful evening, it was just what the doctor ordered after a tough year. xxx

My doctor prescribed me a low dose of Citalopram a few months ago, for the hot flushes I'm getting hourly due to chemotherapy stopping my ovaries working temporarily and giving me a phantom menopause! I wanted to try everything I could before going onto another pill as I hate medication, another reason why this year has been tough. I tried the Lady Care Magnet from Boots, it said to give it a month, I gave it 6 weeks, it made no difference to me whatsoever. I bought a spray called Physicool, while it helped make them shorter it did not stop them. I can't take any herbal remedies suggested for hot flushes as they all produce plant Oestrogens and as my Cancer was Oestrogen positive I'm not allowed them, HRT is just the same. So I finally gave in and started Citalopram last week and I now only have 3-4 hot flushes a day, mainly in the evening, instead of 1 every hour, which is such a relief.

For Rutland in Rutland is a local charity based with the CAB, they have helped me so much during the last year. I wouldn't have been able to make the 50+ hospital trips to beat Cancer if it wasn't for them. They've helped me so much with transport costs and parking. You would think working from home I would have saved money on Petrol but no, petrol cost more and my heating bill more than double due to being at home. So I'd like to raise enough to give them back what they helped me with and more, so this wonderful team can help more people like me.
https://www.justgiving.com/Amanda-Bills/


Last day of active treatment drinks

Thank you Angie & Frank for the bubbles xx

Thank you Jan & Nige for my beautiful flowers and drink xx

 

My surprise drawing my partner did for me, love it. xx

Thank you Mom & Dad for my beautiful Orchid xxx
Thank you Lucy & Bonnie for my Beautiful flowers xxx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment