Total Pageviews

Tuesday 3 November 2015

The after effects of Radiotherapy

Well it's been 2 weeks since my last Radiotherapy and my Oncologist was right, the after effects are still lingering due to the radiation still working in my body. I'm still very red and sore, so still moisturising the radiated area. Still in pain all over and for the last week I've had severe pain in my coccyx and lower back. So today I've had to buy a coccyx pillow and double my amitriptyline dosage. I already take that for sleep but a higher dose is used for pain. No other pain killers would touch it so my Breast Care Nurse and GP are thinking it's a sciatica type pain and to see how I go with the higher dose.

I didn't manage any walking last week again due to the pain but did try and managed 1 mile on Saturday. So hopefully these side effects will subside soon and I can start back to longer walks again and get back to my 10 milers.

I gave myself a grade 4 hair shave the other day, just to take the wispy bits of and make it a bit more even all over. It really needs a grade 2 but I'll wait a few more weeks with the cold weather looming.

I have my counselling sessions through Coping with Cancer and they help me so much. I also had some complementary sessions with them too, I had reflexology and massage and they really helped me get through surgery and radiotherapy.
http://www.c-w-c.org.uk/

I get my first implant inflation next Monday hopefully, fingers crossed.
Have a good week everyone. xx










My radiation skin (doesn't look so bad in the picture)

My 1 mile walk





No comments:

Post a Comment