Total Pageviews

Tuesday 10 November 2015

1st implant inflation

Yesterday I had my first inflation of implants which went very well. Apart from the ports they use to inject the saline deciding to hide behind my implants, more on one side than the other. So my consultant had to really lift the implant on my right to get to it. They use a magnet to locate the ports. The left side really hurt when the needle went in but the right side I didn't feel a thing. The maximum you can have in at a time is 50ml per implant, I never felt anything so had the full 50ml per implant. My implants will hold another 150ml each, and I can have them every 3 weeks, so as long as my skin doesn't break down I will get back to the size I was. Today my chest feels tight again like after surgery and I get the odd twinge, but no pain. My next fill is the 2nd December.

I'm now able to go to the dentist and opticians so they're booked, hoping that chemotherapy has not done any damage to my teeth or eyes. I've also got one more blood test to do week after next for my oncologist to see how asleep my ovaries are when I go there on 7th December.

My coccyx and back is still painful so my GP has now tripled my medication. He has also doubled my medication for hot flushes as it was working 90% of the time, so hopefully that will sort them out. If I'm still in pain in 10 days my GP will arrange an x-ray. Also my consultant at the hospital said that if I'm still in pain when I go back in 3 weeks he will arrange a bone scan. So fingers crossed it goes as I'm fed up of tests now as you can imagine.

I've done a few half days at work last week and will do this week, and so far so good. The fatigue is improving slowly and I'm hoping I can get of the sleep meds once I get back into full time work.

I had a lovely weekend, my long time bestie of 20+ years came over from sunny Wolverhampton to see me. There was lots of drink, food, shopping, funny faces, movies and laughter. Just what the doctor ordered.



Flowers from Dawn, Ste, Taylor & Brandon xxxx

Dawn & Moi

Gift from Dawn xxxx




 

No comments:

Post a Comment