Total Pageviews

Monday 23 November 2015

Health check after cancer treatment

My trip to the opticians proved successful, I paid for the extra tests to have photos taken of the back of my eyes. So chemotherapy hasn't affected them either which I'm so pleased about.
I managed 3 five hours days last week as planned, but I was really tired by Friday. Getting fed up with the fatigue! Planning to do the same this week all being well.
I've got bloods tests on Wednesday, I will get the results of them when I see my oncologist on the 7th December. I see my consultant on the 2nd December for my next inflation.
I've now finished the medication for my coccyx and the pain is still lingering so I'm waiting for further scans. Hopefully I'll get in this side of Christmas! I'm also waiting on an appointment to be tested for the BRCA gene, even though cancer isn't in my family, I had it in both breasts , which is unusual.
My next decision is do I want to take tamoxifen for ten years when I'm at risk of blood clots, which can be dangerous or do I risk the cancer coming back! What to do!
I managed a one mile walk at the weekend with the dogs, we got blown one way with the bad winds. I've got the work Xmas party and a night with friends and wine to look forward to soon. Filing my diary up nicely and it's not long now to xmas.
Have a good week everyone xx

1 comment:

  1. Glad your eyes are okay brill with the walks and good news on inflation 2nd Dec and keep your diary full and enjoy your times out love you loads can't wait to see you again love mom xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete