Total Pageviews

Thursday 12 May 2016

Update and Cancer Free Meal

Thought I'd post a little update as I've not done a blog for weeks. Since my last blog I've had a birthday, rode my bicycle for the first time in over a year and had my hair purple, but it's already back blonde, lasted 3 of the 10 washes it said it could. Aqua blue hair next ready for Race for Life Pretty Muddy 4th June :-)

I also had a celebratory cancer free meal with my family back in Wolverhampton, we don't get together very often as a whole family, so it was very nice to do. I will see some of them again in July when we do Race for Life.

The cycle ride bought back my coccyx pain, so I had to sit with my bum hanging over the edge of the saddle. Didn't get far but it's a start, going to go out twice a week. Hopefully I'll soon be back to my 25 miles. Walking once a week with Jo and at weekends with the dogs, so hoping to soon lose all the weight I gained last year!

The steroid injection I had doesn't seem to be helping much, I'd say it's improved the pain from an 9/10 to a 8/10 at the most! So not sure I want to go through this every month for such little improvement. Maybe he will try the different steroid next time!

I've also got a DEXA bone scan in May to check the density of my bones, as the cancer medication I'm on can cause Osteoporosis.

I had some good news, my genetic testing results came back and I don't carry the BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene. If new genes are found in the future I can get re-tested for them if I want to. So I'm really happy with this.

Enjoyed the sun this past weekend, hope we have much more this summer. Bye for now xxx





Lilac hair...lasted a week!








My presents, thank you again everyone. xxx


Walk with Jo xx


Bike ride...better than nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment