Total Pageviews

Thursday 21 April 2016

I'm an inpatient for the day, having steroid injections.

I spent most of yesterday in Hospital having my steroid injections in my back, in the hope it will help with the pain I'm getting from implants/ports. They want me to try and manage till August before they consider surgery for removing ports or possible implant exchange. They like to leave them a year so they are as settled as can be.

It was horrible being back in a ward, in a hospital gown in a hospital bed, all the memories of my surgery last august came flooding back. I just wanted to be back at work and getting on with normal life!

The injections were excruciating, felt like I was being stabbed in the back! I'm afraid I jumped a mile and he thought he might have punctured my lung at one point, so had to have an x-ray. But luckily I got through the procedure with no cannula and no sedation required. Just a local anaesthetic. So an hour later I was free to go home, which was near 6pm!

My whole right side was numb from my shoulder down to my groin, apparently this is good! I couldn't carry my bag as I couldn't feel anything, very bizarre. They only do one side at a time just in case of lung puncture, which can sometimes heal by itself. We did ask about what happens if they do puncture a lung but with my chemo brain I can't remember, or more like I don't want to remember!

I was in a lot of pain last night and I'm no different today, but it can take 2-10 days to start working...if it works at all! If it doesn't work there is another steroid he can try. If it does work, which I'm being very positive about then I need 3 more injections to cover all my painful areas...oh the joy! Why can't they just remove my ports grrr! Anyway keeping everything crossed they work.

I went to see the plastic surgeon regarding nipple tattoos last week and they are happy they can help me, but I have to wait until I'm completely happy with my new boobies and need no more surgery.

Still having all my other therapies locally which I couldn't be without and I'm so grateful to all the local charities for all they do for cancer patients.

I got my eyebrows tinted last week too as they were coming back blonde, so now they are more my natural colour and filling out nicely, starting to look normal again! Have a good week/weekend one and all xx

My friend Lucy has started up a group on facebook called:

CABARESQUE FOR CANCER, CROCHET AND CRAFTERS

If you are into knitting, sewing, crochet or any other craft and would like to help make items such as hats, socks, heart cushions, drain bottle bags, blankets and more, please join us. These were all items I was donated during treatment and they were so useful and appreciated. We will be donating items every 3 months to different cancer hospitals throughout the UK. See my photos below for pillows and drain bags.

Please join the crafters group via the following link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/628857413929900/

http://www.cabaresque-for-cancer.org/home/4591395648





I almost have eyebrows :-)


Weekend walk with dogs :-)






These are the heart pillows
 

Drain bags

Interesting article, and similar to what I'm having.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    My name is Minwoong Chung and I am a graduate student at Michigan State University. I am working with Dr. Jingbo Meng, who is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Communication, and Dr. Steve Rains who is an Associate Professor in University of Arizona. We are conducting a study about online communication and cancer and would greatly appreciate it if you would complete our survey. We found your blog by conducting a general search for blogs about cancer. We would like to know more about your experiences.

    Our survey takes about 30 minutes to complete. To participate, you must be (a) 18 years of age or older and (b) have been diagnosed by a medical doctor with cancer. We greatly appreciate your time and are happy to offer you a $5 Amazon gift card for completing the survey. At the end of the survey, you’ll be asked to submit an email address where we can mail the gift card.

    If you meet these requirements and would like to participate, please click the link below. The study will be conducted online and the link will take you to the first webpage of the survey.

    https://msuccas.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_e3VQgVMDibCYlsV

    [Note: You may copy and paste the address directly into your web browser (i.e., Internet Explorer) to access the study.]

    If you have any questions or concerns about the study, you may contact Dr. Meng at: jingbome@msu.edu or Dr. Rains at srains@email.arizona.edu

    Thanks for your consideration!

    Best Regards,

    Minwoong Chung
    **************************
    Minwoong Chung
    Department of Communication
    Michigan State University
    **************************

    ReplyDelete