Total Pageviews

Sunday 3 April 2016

Pain clinic & new Tattoo

My pain management consultant was great, he was so helpful and understanding. He has a few options to go down, so we started my doubling my duloxetine to help a bit more, until he can get me in for a paravertebral block with local anaesthetics and steroids in a few weeks. I will go in for the day and have X-rays which he will use to decide the best place to put the injections, then he will use a guided ultrasound to do them. It all sounds very painful, but if it will relieve me from this every day agony it's got to be worth a shot. They are going to try everything thy can before I have to have more surgery.

Hoping to get my pelvic MRI scan results this coming week, fingers crossed for good news!

Can't believe it's been a year since my first surgery and starting chemotherapy, I don't miss those injections during chemo! Bones are still in pain though same as a year ago, and that won't ease now I'm on cancer meds which don't help, just got to remember I'm still here and living.

It's a year to the day my hair started falling out and I was preparing to shave it all off. Also a year since I was told I couldn't use my own flesh for new bad boys. Which I really wish I could have, I know I'd be feeling much happier as I hate these implants so much I'm prepared to go flat if they don't sort my pain out. Anyway must stop reliving bad memories.

So on a good note I took myself of for a breast cancer tattoo on Thursday night without telling anyone, then surprised them all the next day he-he. Because I can't have my arms tattooed due to no needles allowed as I'm at risk of lifelong lymphedema due to the lymph node surgery in my armpits. So I opted to have it on my ankle, see picture below.

I'm colouring my hair in bright colours this year for each race for life event I'm taking part in, can't wait, I've always wanted bright hair. They are only temporary hair dyes though, that wash out after 15 washes.

Still having scar work and Physiotherapy, and the results are so amazing, my therapist is performing miracles! Also still having counselling as it really helps me with the anxiety.

Had a lovely evening with Collette and she bought me a beautiful necklace for being a brave girl this last year, Love you lots. xxx

Have a good week one and all. xxx








Henna tattoo

My new tattoo, on my ankle

Weekend walks

Thought I'd got lymphedema, then realised I had the cling film too tight!




No comments:

Post a Comment