Total Pageviews

Monday 6 June 2016

Pre-op Assessment Gynaecology

Today I went for my pre-op assessment, had blood tests, swabs, lots of form filling and questions. We were there for hours, the worst thing is waiting around, especially in the hard chairs they have in hospitals. You think they'd have nice comfy chairs for ill people! Not that I'm ill anymore, but my coccyx isn't helped, so end up pacing the corridors.

The blood lady couldn't get any blood out of my left arm, just like the nurse at my GP last week, so looks like me left arm is ruined. I have been getting a tingling feeling in my left arm where I had the Thrombus during chemo, so I've been advised to go back to my GP.

My surgery could be delayed as my anesthetist likes 2 weeks clear of antibiotics, so I'm waiting on a phone call to confirm if it can go ahead as planned.

Got into my GP today, yes today, a miracle eh! Anyway all seems ok at the moment and it could be neuropathy I'm feeling, but if it swells up I'm to go straight back. Chemotherapy the gift that keeps on giving!

I'll be injecting myself again daily with Fragmin due to these blinking blood clots grrr! Sharps bucket ready arghhhh!

I've got an appointment at the pain clinic Thursday to see if they can help me through till breast surgery in a few months, not expecting they can do much though to be honest. But got to try everything they can do.

Keep everything crossed I can have surgery next Tuesday. TTFN. xx

















No comments:

Post a Comment