Total Pageviews

Wednesday 27 July 2016

2 weeks post Oophorectomy

Well it's been 2 weeks since my Oophorectomy surgery and I'm very tired, fed up and still sore. Yesterday I somehow managed to pull a stitch out of one of my scars (of which I have 4), it bled a little and left a little hole. So I visited my GP as I was also worried I might have an infection, he taped up my open wound as it's almost healed and I don't seem to have an infection, otherwise healing well. So I'm back next Wednesday and hopefully I'll be able to drive then. It can't come quick enough, I'm going stir crazy stuck at home, luckily I work all day, so it's just the evenings when I'm on my own, and I'm really struggling. I've had one visitor in the last 2 weeks apart from close family of course. It was great to get out the weekend, which helped with my sanity and I'm over the road at our local pub Saturday for Extonbury, the annual music festival, which will hopefully cheer me up.

Since seeing the Plastic surgeon a few weeks ago to sort out my Capsular Contracted implant, I've had lots to think about, as in what surgery I want, back/thigh/belly flap to make half a new boob, IF my skin does die (due to the radiotherapy). Which he thinks there is a high possibility as it is so thin and lacking in blood supply! He really needs to know this before I go under the knife so he doesn't have to wake me up when exchanging my implants and removing the horrid ports. He recommends back flap, but I hear so many people have limited mobility after this, even years down the line. What to do, will this cancer rigmarole ever end!



 https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/facing-breast-cancer/going-through-treatment-breast-cancer/surgery/breast-6
Capsular contracture
In the first year or so after an implant operation, tough fibrous tissue builds up around the implant to form a ‘capsule’. This happens because the body sees the implant as a foreign object and wants to isolate it. In most cases this capsule stays soft and supple but sometimes it tightens around the implant, making the breast feel hard and sometimes painful. This is known as capsular contracture. Radiotherapy can cause capsular contracture, which is why women having this treatment may not be recommended to have reconstruction using an implant alone.

Fortunately, capsular contracture is now less common. This might be because implants have a textured outer surface that reduces the amount of scar tissue that forms around the implant. There are different degrees of capsular contracture and in mild cases no treatment is necessary. Occasionally the contracture is severe enough to make the breast feel hard and look misshapen. In these cases the implant may need to be surgically removed with or without replacement of the implant.


Don't look any further if you have a queezy tummy. 







Ouch!





Looking better today! But looks like a reaction to sticking plaster.

My right (left on pic) has capsular contraction!

No comments:

Post a Comment