Total Pageviews

Monday 4 July 2016

Oophorectomy

Well the time has come to loose a few more womanly parts, my ovaries and floppy tubes.

Arrived in the Day case department at 7.30am, we had recliner chairs to relax in. I managed an hours snooze in one of these recliner chairs. I was 3rd and last on the list. I could drink water till 12pm. I didn't go down to theatre till 3pm, so it was a long day and was glad to finally go down. I remember being in recovery and back on the ward at 6.30pm.

When I finally got out of theatre I found out I had to stay in over night due to blood clots. The oophorectomy was a success and I didn't need a hysterectomy...yippee! Food was pants and I was starving, I couldn't swallow, I needed soup or ice cream, but nothing available grrr. I eventually found a cup a soup from a nurse then I went for a wander and found yoghurts, pineapple chunks and pineapple juice. So I had me a midnight feast.

My Obs were low so I was on the oxygen throughout the night, I also had my first experience of a catheter, so I didn't get a wink of sleep. I finally got the catheter out at 10pm yippee. Just needed to fart loads, so the gas could leave my massive belly. The gas they inflate you with rises, so the pain in your shoulders is excruciating.

I got home the next evening  still very bloated, sore and tired. So I put my feet up and had  a little drink. 🍷

On Friday I went of to see the plastic surgeon I had head hunted, he agreed to be my new surgeon and fix my chest. The first thing he said was I had capsular contraction, at last somebody said what I was thinking! He said I need that removing asap, as this and the ports are what are giving me the most of my pain.

He will exchange my implants for lighter silicone ones, but he is worried about the radiated skin and not sure it will live as it already dying due to lack of blood supply. So he will try and change both but if my skin fails I may end up having an LD flap, which is skin and muscle from my back to create the lower breast. But this very nice man was so helpful and he is going to get me fixed. I may also need liposuction to even out my right breast, which I don't mind. So one day I will finally had a matching pair of bresticles!

I've had an ok week considering, but yesterday realised I was trying to run before I could walk, and was in agony, I felt like my insides were going to drop out. So I had to take some Morphine, which I was gutted about as I'd been 2 days medication free and finally got my bowels back to normal.

I've got blue hair while I'm at home and going purple next week for race for life in Dudley with a gang of my family from both my Mom and Dads side. My brother is fetching me so I can go and support them all. As no driving for a few weeks and I'm already bored.

My mom has been staying with me for the week, waiting on me hand and foot, love you mom, and thank you for all your help. xx Tim is also on holiday so he can continue to look after me, as there are lots of things I can't do. xx

Sadly we lost another pink sister who was very active on our group and we will miss her dearly. Thinking of her and her family. RIP Jan Kneller xx, RIP Caroline Aherne. xx


Oophy thingy - let's go!

Who said cancer wasn't sexy!

In my day case chair

The Day ward.

I was on air all night due to low obs.

Midnight feast Day 1 of Oophy!

Day 3 post Oophy thingy!

Day 6 post Oophy thingy!

RIP Jan Kneller xxx

Beautiful flowers from Collette xxx

Beautiful flowers from Jan & Sarah xxxx

Gifts from my Mom & Dad xxxx



Scarf from My mom xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment