Total Pageviews

Sunday 6 September 2015

Day 32 post double mastectomy

I had visitors every day running up to the bank holiday weekend and a lovely surprise visit from family last Sunday. Had a quiet week last week but luckily I was busy with month end for work.
I'm Day 32 post surgery and my chest is still very painful in places as well as lumpy, hard, hot, itchy. Roll on Day 50 when they'll hopefully be healed. I still can't sleep on my side, I try everyday but still too painful. I still can't drive either which is so annoying, having to rely on others is so hard. You take for granted just being able to jump in your car and drive somewhere.
Struggling with sleep too, I've even started sleeping pills to try and sort myself out. Had one a night the last two nights and still woke up early, but at least I got 4 hours each night. Going to try two pills tonight, fingers crossed for 7-8 hours.
I'm back to see my surgeon on Wednesday for a check up and hopefully plan my chest inflation. Also had my letter today for an appointment with my new oncologist which isn't till the 16th September, so it will be 3 weeks since knowing they wanted me to have radiotherapy before I get to discuss it in detail. More waiting....I hate waiting grrr!
I still see my therapist once a week, nobody should be ashamed to do this, it's really good to be able to talk to a neutral person and basically of load. I do wonder how they cope with everyone else's worries. I suppose it takes a certain kind of person. I know I couldn't do that job. Or do you think they have therapists and their therapists have therapists lol.
September is the month of cancer related tea parties, I've already been to two and have another three to go to, which is great now I'm up to getting out and about. It's late and I'm just waffling now so I'll say good night. Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment