Total Pageviews

Wednesday 16 September 2015

Radiotherapy tattoos

Well today I've been to see a temporary Oncologist in the Oncology department and had a CT scan and 4 little tattoos ready for Radiotherapy, which starts in 2 weeks. I will be having it every day for 3 weeks. Yes sure I can afford that! 66 mile round trip every day plus parking. The CT was ok, just hurt to hold my arms above my head for ten minutes.

Radiotherapy is a treatment for cancer that uses carefully measured and controlled high energy x-rays. Iit aims to destroy any cancer cells that may be left behind in the breast area after surgery.

The Oncologist said that radiotherapy would improve my chances of cancer not re-occurring in the breast from 20% to 5%, so makes sense really to have it. He is a different Oncologist from the one in my MDT (multidisciplinary team) meeting too, so that's two saying I should have it. I'm just so annoyed after my old Oncologist of 6 months said I didn't need it. But it's 2 against 1 now and now it's been mentioned I will have to have it at those odds. They say if your tumour was over 5cm radiotherapy is a must.

I started walking 1/2 a mile a day over the weekend and I'm now managing 3/4 of a mile, I'll soon be running round the park hehe! I also managed to get out to the pub on Saturday for a couple which was lovely. Hoping the little walks will help with sleep too. Thought yesterday's reflexology would help me sleep, managed to sleep from 23:00-3:45 but that might have been the bottle of beer too...maybe try more beer next time haha! Have a good week everyone. xx



Saturday's walk

Puppy cuddles

A few beers to help me sleep


I'm out at the local

Monday's walk

Selfie with my babies

Tuesday's walk

No comments:

Post a Comment