Total Pageviews

Wednesday 9 September 2015

A month after double mastectomy

Back from hospital and Mr P is happy with my progress so far, even though I'm still sore, lumpy, bumpy, hard and itchy. It's all normal and only a month after surgery after all. I'm doing all the right things to help my healing and will continue to do so. Physio, moisturise, massage, physio, moisturise massage, physio, moisturise massage!

I'm still not able to drive but hoping to in the next few weeks, he said 4-6 weeks after surgery before I'd be able to. The 66 mile car journey has took it's toll on me, my chest is hard and painful and I am so tired, doing a bit of work then I'll rest.

Have to wait now to see my new oncologist next Wednesday to discuss radiotherapy.

I have my normal therapy through Coping with Cancer once a week, which is so beneficial to me. I can also now start my 6 free sessions of complementary therapies which can involve massage, reiki, reflexology, I'm thinking massage hehe!

Some pictures of hair growth as at yesterday, it's coming on fast now, same as my legs and armpits. Eyelashes are thick stubble, still only on my top lid and I have a few tiny bits on my eyebrows and down below, so looks like I need to buy shaving products again. Electric shaver only for my armpits though due to the lymph node surgery I had.

Have a good week everyone xx











2 comments: