Total Pageviews

Monday 1 February 2016

Zoladex injections

I'm not ready for surgery to remove my Ovaries so I become menopausal so I can take a certain medication. Cancer has already taken my hair and my breasts and I need more time to come to terms with this.

So today I received my first Zoladex (goserelin) implant injection, which is to stop the ovaries producing Oestrogen, so I can have this medication called Anastrozole (Arimidex), which helps fight cancer by lowering the amount of Oestrogen in your body.

You have Goserelin as an injection just under the skin of your abdomen every 28 days. It is called a depot injection, which means that the drug is absorbed slowly into your body over the 28 days. I can continue these injections at my GP surgery and I start the tablets on 1st March once the injections have started working.

I'll be so relieved to be on this medication as my cancer was oestrogen receptor positive and I finished active treatment in October. It worries me that I have been without medication for a few months, so roll on 1st March.

So far the injection has made me feel hot, nauseas, headache and itchy, most symptoms are slowly wearing off, but my headache isn't shifting, but it will be worth it, to be alive. At least that's what I'll tell myself until I start growing facial hair :-/





Ouch!

Prescription pagers now...whatever next!

The lovely nurse who gave me my first injection.

3 comments:

  1. Well done amanda you should be so proud of yourself I am so proud of you let's hope this year better love you mom xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mom, it has to be, can't get any worse that's for sure. Lots love xxxxx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete