Total Pageviews

Friday 10 July 2015

Chemo 6 day 8

Chemo 6 Day 8

I managed to have a good weekend before the side effects kicked in, I even managed to do an hour of gardening Saturday which I was pleased about. I didn't like wrapping up though in the heat, sadly I have to cover my arms and hands fully as I'm at risk of getting Lymphedema since having lymph node surgery earlier this year.

Monday afternoon I started to feel really tired and like I'd been through my usual ten rounds with Mike Tyson. Due to having the reduced dose of 75% chemo my pain was slightly better than last but only slightly, it was still 7/10, so still had the morphine and naproxen concoctions.

Tuesday afternoon I started to feel dizzy which I've never experienced before as a side effect of chemo, it's been so bad I fell over in the bathroom. The dizziness also made me feel sick and like I was going to fall arse over tit every time I stood up. The doctor came out yesterday and took my blood pressure and all my obs are fine thankfully, so no A&E for me this time. I'm on the mend today and just feeling light headed now.

The peripheral neuropathy is still hanging around which is annoying and my nails are lifting, I've lost half a nail so far, hope I don't lose too many! I still can't taste anything which I'm fed up with as I'm now going of food and struggling with things to eat because my mouth is sore. Never eaten so many lollipops in my life!

Oh well, on a good note only 2 weeks maximum before I can hopefully put all the chemo side effects behind me. Looking forward to a relaxing weekend and some sun. Have a good weekend. xx







No comments:

Post a Comment