Total Pageviews

Friday 3 July 2015

Chemo 6 day 1

Chemo 6 Day 1
 
MY LAST CHEMOTHERAPY... YIPPEE!!!
 
Well the day finally arrived and went. Chemo all went well as it always does, the worst part of the day is having the cannula fitted and the feeling of cold as the drugs are pumped into your veins, all feelings I've learnt to manage. Can't believe it's been 18 weeks of hell and it's almost over. Just need to get the next 10 days over with and that will be the end of chemo side effects woop woop! I celebrated with some new bling shoes and bright jeans, which all the nurses loved and a few asked where I got them from hehe. I made a poster to remember the day. I also took cakes in for all the nurses who have been so good to me. Had a few hugs but no goodbyes yet as I will see them again later this year when I get my 10 years medication meeting.  

My chemo buddy Julie who was there for my first 4 chemo sessions, was in the hospital having her radiotherapy at the same time as me came to visit me in the chemo suite and we exchanged a few little pressies. And it's great that she only lives 18 miles from me so we will be staying good friends. Picture below of my goodies and I love them all, thank you honey xxx

Went home and after having my taste buds back for just over a day was hoping they'd last for the evening, so I got my favourite pizza...but no such luck...no taste whatsoever grrr :-( Oh well looking forward to a good weekend before my chemo side effects kick in, or maybe they won't seeing as I only had a 75% dose...fingers crossed. Have a good weekend everyone. xx
 
 

 
 



 
 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. You are so so inspiring please keep blogging ❤️

    ReplyDelete