Total Pageviews

Thursday 2 July 2015

Chemo 5 day 21

Chemo 5 Day 21

Since my last post I've improved a little and yesterday finally got my taste buds back, oh well I gained a day on last time! On Tuesday I went on a Look Good Feel Better Course which I really enjoyed even though I came out feeling like I looked like a clown. I rarely wear makeup and never knew there were so many things you could use to disguise blemishes etc etc. I will put my bag of freebies to good use next time I get to go out!

I've been working extra hard this week as it's half year end at work and with all my hospital appointments too the pressure was on, I'm almost done now, just a few bits to finish of in the morning. Then I'm of for my final chemo....yes your heard right...MY FINAL CHEMO yippee!

I went to see my Oncologist yesterday and my bloods are all ok and he's very pleased with what the chemo has done to my tumours, they're not completely gone, but they've shrunk a lot, which will make for less invasive surgery in August. He was going to cancel my last chemo due to the peripheral neuropathy and pain I'm suffering, but I felt like I wasn't giving it my best shot if I didn't have it and we eventually agreed I could go ahead but with a reduced dosage of 75% so hopefully I won't suffer as bad side effects this time!

I'll be glad when tomorrow is done and the next 2 weeks are over and I hope never to experience chemotherapy ever again. Then I can enjoy a few good weeks before my final surgery. I was pleased he confirmed that he's 99% certain that I don't need radiotherapy as I'm having a double mastectomy and there is no evidence of cancer in my lymph nodes, which I'm grateful for. So just the dreaded Tamoxifen tablets for 10 years after surgery.

Wish me luck and I'll blog over the weekend with how my last chemo went.
Have a good weekend. xx


 

Finally out of my PJ's



Oh my make up

My LGFB goodies


No comments:

Post a Comment