Total Pageviews

Tuesday 21 July 2015

Chemo 6 day 18

Chemo 6 Day 18

I managed to go out for the day on Saturday to the Extonbury Festival in my county, I didn't venture far from home but it was great to be out for the first time in 5 months. Had my first alcoholic tipple too which was very enjoyable. Thank you to all my friends and family that came and made it special.

Sadly I am suffering now which I'm shocked about as I only walked to the toilet 6 times, I spent the rest of the gig on my arse in a lovely comfy chair with blankets in the evening as you can see in the pictures below. 6 toilet trips wasn't bad considering I drank half a bottle of Pimm's and 2 large bottles of lemonade throughout the day!

I wanted to last till the end of the gig this year as last year I was in bed drunk at 8pm, I made it till 10pm which I wasn't happy about, but my friends reminded me I'd been there since 2pm so I suppose I did well considering. I joined everyone in my garden around the fire pit till about 11.30 and went to bed. Luckily I woke without a sore head which I was grateful for. Just can't believe I still ache 3 days later!

I had to give up on the micro pore plaster on my no nails and now wear cotton gloves, so I've been practising my miming lol! Have you tried typing in gloves...it's not easy I can tell you. I've now lost 5.5 nails on my fingers but so far have all my toe nails. Some ladies in my group have lost nails 4 months after their last chemo, will the side effects ever end I wonder! I still have peripheral neuropathy too in the end of my fingers grrr.

I have been fully open and honest on my blog and I'd like to think I've held nothing back as I want this to be as informative as possible and help others in the future too. So yet again I'll mention I have had bad constipation this chemo cycle, so much so that I have an anal fissure, oh the joys...I can hardly contain my excrement!

But if my stool softener doesn't work by end of this week my GP will try creams next, but they prefer to avoid that and do things the natural way first. They are all mentioned in this link for anyone who is interested. http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Anal-fissure/Pages/Treatment.aspx

Tomorrow I'm of for my pre-op, ready for surgery in 2 weeks.

Beautiful flowers from my friend Claire xxx







 



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment