Total Pageviews

Monday 27 July 2015

Chemo 6 Day 25

Chemo 6 Day 25

Well I'm still suffering with side effects, phoned my Oncologist today and he tells me that the Chemo drug (Docetaxel) I had the last 3 times is cumulative, hence why it's taking longer for the symptoms to disperse.

I'm struggling with hot flushes big time, I must be having 30-40 a day, they say it's hormonal but chemo may have only temporarily stopped my ovaries, it's just a case of wait and see. So I'm not even going to think about that fact yet! They've given me a small dose of a drug called Citalopram to take for now see if it helps and told me it's best to wear cotton against my skin as it doesn't feel cold afterwards when you're soaked to the skin. Luckily all my bedding is 100% Egyptian cotton, looks like I'll have to go shopping for some cotton tops etc...hehe any excuse!

My peripheral neuropathy will improve I'm told but they've put me on Naproxen for now see if that helps.

My bowel habits have gone form the miming the Hoover Dam to the Mississippi river, wish they would make their bloody mind up!

My fatigue is the worse it's ever been through the last 5 months, 5-10 steps and I have to sit where ever I stop, never felt so unfit in all my life, i'm in pain from the minute I wake up in my legs, everything just hurts. But it will improve over time and I can see a light at the end of tunnel.

My Pre-op went well, even though I spent most of the day in hospital having bloods, ECG and consultations. Found out today my bloods are all ok and I'm fit for surgery even though I don't feel fit. My ECG was all ok, so chemo hasn't damaged my heart which it can do, so I'm pleased with that. So all I can do now is rest and eat healthy to be at my strongest for surgery on the 5th August. Have a good week. xx







No comments:

Post a Comment