Total Pageviews

Monday 3 August 2015

4 weeks post chemotherapy

Well it's now 4 weeks since my last chemo and side effects are improving at last, my main issues now are Fatigue and Peripheral Neuropathy. My hair is slowly growing back along with some tiny eyelashes. My finger nails are growing all ridged but I can see some nice smooth nail starting to appear at the base. My toe nails have gone darker but no signs of them dropping off yet, fingers crossed they don't.

I've finally finished my blood thinning injections, it was so nice to lock the sharps bin for good and can't wait to hand it in. Maybe my belly can get back to it's normal colour now. I'm still on a few drugs for certain side effects but only about 10 a day now.

My dad came over last week with my Uncle John from the West Midlands and my cousin Stephen from America, I'd not seen him since 2006 when I visited NYC, it was great to catch up. Thank you all for coming to see me. xxx My mom couldn't come this time as she has had another new knee operation, she'll soon be up and about with her bionic knees now, she's doing really well. Love you Mom. xxx

I've had a bit of a roller coaster of emotions over the last 10 days and I hit rock bottom again for a few days last week but luckily I receive therapy through Coping with Cancer and they're helping me to deal with this. As you can guess with surgery pending my fear of losing my boobs got worse, as I've been able to put it to the back of my mind for the last 6 months during chemo. But buying things ready for hospital woke me up that it is actually happening. I do realise they have to go as they cancerous and trying to kill me. So I've finally put them in the "fuck it bucket" Thank you mom for my new PJ's. xxx

I met a friend for the first time at my pre-op called Sharon, we met through an online cancer chat group on Facebook. She is in for her operation the day after me so we will be in hospital together for a few days, we're on the same Ward and Sharon asked our surgeon to put us together, let's see what mayhem we can cause hehe :-D

My friends Hayley and Collette came to see me Friday, we had a lovely afternoon. It's great to see friends and catch up. xxx

One of work colleagues Becky sent me a bag of goodies as a pick me up before surgery. Such a lovely idea it really did just that, it came at the right time too after a bad few days. It contained all sorts of lovely things from a Healing Friendship globe and hand cream to wine and snacks. The kilner jar contains all sorts of fruit and berries. Think I'll be using a bath teabag, wine and chocolates the night before surgery to relax. Thank you Becky xx

I have my bilateral mastectomy with immediate reconstruction surgery this Wednesday, I may post tomorrow I may not. If not I'll blog briefly from hospital towards the end of the week. TTFN

Fab card from Becky xx

My goodies from Becky, thank you so much. xx


Flowers from my Mom & Dad xxxx

Still look bald, but there is hair there.

No comments:

Post a Comment