Total Pageviews

Monday 24 August 2015

19 days post double mastectomy

Well it's been 19 days since surgery and I'm still in a lot of pain and very sore. But then who wouldn't be after having their pectoral muscles cut and stretched and sewn to your ribs. I had a few sleepless nights last week worrying about all the swelling, lumps, bumps, red patches and itching on and around my implants, so Friday I phoned the hospital and they told me to go in to have a check up. My drains have been out since last Monday so I was worried the swelling was a Seroma but luckily it wasn't and the doctor showed me how to check for one. Apparently my new boobs will be like this for a while yet, not what I wanted to hear! My surgeon did tell me this but I forget with my chemo brain. Why someone would pay to go through this I don't know, maybe I'm just worn out after this year and the chemotherapy and I've had enough. While I was at the hospital they removed the drain dressings and they are healing nicely.

I'm not happy with my new boobs at present but my surgeon said I wouldn't be and to bare with the healing process. One is bigger than the other and that is possibly partly down to the fact they were a bit before, but then isn't every ones. They also still feel like lead weights on my chest! I'm back at hospital on the 9th September for a check up and hopefully my first injection of saline into my implants, and we can put more saline into the smaller one and hopefully even them out. My fella loves my new boobs and doesn't want me to go any bigger, but we have to go a bit bigger to even them out, plus they are quite square at the moment and I'd like to see the tear drop shape they're supposed to be.

I still have steri-strips over the scars where my nipples were, they're taking there time to drop off, I think I'm ready to see my nipple less boobs now. I wasn't thinking of having my nipples rebuilt but I'm changing my mind now, the hospital will rebuild them using my own skin, then later you get your areola tattooed. I can't wait till they're all finished and scars are fading, but I remind myself I'm only day 19 post surgery and to slow down.

After my lonely plea just over a week ago I've had lots of visitors and I thank you all so much, you know who you are, it really helped me get through the week, as I was struggling with the blues and fed up of being at home. I still can't drive but I'm getting a lift into the office for a few hours this week so I can catch up with everyone which will be nice. Any work colleagues reading this, if you see me, please don't hug me too tight.

Please don't let your friend go though cancer alone, it's not a nice place to be and I've had my eyes opened wide. Even if you can't talk about the cancer, just being there for them and having normal conversation is so beneficial. Here's hoping for another happy week. xx

An interesting read if you want to know what I'm going through, I've had 99% of the symptoms:
http://www.justbreastimplants.com/article/breast-augmentation-surgery/after-breast-augmentation-surgery I'm not liking the zingers or the itching.




Beautiful sun flowers from Lynne xxx


 
I managed to walk 1/4 of a mile one day

What cancer cells looks like, I thought they were coconut macaroons

Fluffy chick

My second alcohol of the year

A glass of wine at the opening of local pub




Thank you RATS for my beautiful Rose bush xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment