Total Pageviews

Tuesday 18 August 2015

Drain free

At last I am drain free, I told the nurse if the Man from Glenfield says no I'm going to chase him round the hospital haha. But lucky for Mr P he said yes :-)

Three of my drains came out nicely, just felt very weird as I felt the tube pass under by breast then down my side. But one drain tugged a bit and it actually made me scream in pain and bought tears to my eyes. It felt like she was going to pull my implant out with it. But all was ok a minute after. I got given some softies too to wear in my bra until my boobs are blown up to full size. They're a bit like chicken fillets but made of material. Hopefully won't need them by Christmas.

I'm more comfortable now just a bit sore where the drains were, but sadly I can't bathe still as I can't soak the wounds, so shower it was and I can't tell you how lovely that was, think it was the longest shower ever hehe. I tried to sleep on my side last night but that's still a no as too painful, can't wait till I can get a full nights sleep, what with the sore chest and hot sweats will it ever happen one asks!

My chest is easing a little but still tight, swollen, sore and on fire, so I'm still very medicated and still on the stool softening regime too.

I have a red patch near my right scar where my nipple was, so I'm keeping an eye on that and still on the antibiotics. So taking my temperature more than once a day too. Mr P drew a dotted line around the red patch and if it spreads I have to go back to hospital, I can't risk an infection as this stage, as it could possibly mean losing my implants, so fingers crossed it's nothing more than red skin.

My tongue is almost better and food doesn't sting anymore, thanks to the mouth drops. What happened to Summer, its pouring with rain here, rain makes me miserable most days but when you're ill it seems to make you feel worse, please do a Sun dance for me. Have a good week. xx

Red patch near right scar with Mr P's dotted line

 


2 comments:

  1. brill amanda so glad your free of drains hope all goes well now lot's love mom xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it's so nice to be free of them. I sometimes still think I have them though with my chemo brain hehe. Lots love. Xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete