Total Pageviews

Sunday 16 August 2015

Will these drains ever come out

Still have all 4 drains in, but hoping tomorrow is the day they come out. I went back to hospital on Thursday for a check up, got my drains and dressings changed at least. The nurse arranged my drain pipes differently as they were pulling on my skin. But they're all now draining under 30ml each and have been for 2 days in a row. I can't wait to get them out now, as last night I'd had enough and just wanted to rip them out...ouch! So hopefully tomorrow night I'll be enjoying a candle lit bath with wine and chocolates.
 
Still not sleeping well, I get an hour then lay awake for two, then get another hour, then lay awake for two, hoping the drains removed will help with this too. I thought morphine made you sleepy! Please let no drains and a nice bath and wine help me sleep tomorrow.
 
My mom and niece went home Friday and we're missing them, it's so quiet without them. Had a few friends visit Friday and Saturday but today has been a miserable grey Sunday and feeling very low, so I've put some fun musicals on to cheer me up.
 
I can't drive till my surgeon says either, he said roughly 4-6 weeks after surgery...boring...haven't I been stuck at home enough this year! Please come and see me and stop me going mad. Xxxx
 
 
 
 
At hospital on Thursday

Where my right nipple was

Where my left nipple was

Drain pipes arranged so as not to pull any more




Still have some blood in my drains but mainly gold plasma


One drain exit is higher than the other...bizarre


To give you an idea of the length of the drains and size of bottles

I've had a reaction to the new plasters grrr

My gypsy head scarf


 

No comments:

Post a Comment