Total Pageviews

Wednesday 26 August 2015

Pathology results

Well would you Adam and Eve it... I got my pathology results today. The chemotherapy dissolved all the precancer in my left breast,  and had a partial response to the cancer in my right breast which I knew. My surgeon got clear margins all round so we're very happy with that. So I'm free of cancer, yippee, at last I can say there is No Evidence of Disease. 
But my new oncologist is recommending radiotherapy which I'm totally shocked about after my old oncologist said I 99% wouldn't need it. Apparently they recommend it when the tumor is over 50mm and mine was 52mm. Now what do I do.  I don't have to have it, I can refuse but will I regret it. Knowing me I will have it as I'm the sort of person that likes to know I have done everything I can. Oh well all I can do is think and wait to discuss this with my new oncologist.
The down side is I will have to have my right breast deflated before radiotherapy as it could damage the implant. It could also result in having to change the implant so further surgery grrr. Why do I always get bad news with good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment