Total Pageviews

Tuesday 4 August 2015

The night before double mastectomy

The night before surgery has arrived, I've kept busy for 2 days with work thankfully, it's kept my mind of it. It's hard to describe how I feel, but you can guess it's very mixed emotions. Nervous for surgery, angry I'm losing two of my three favourite assets, (yes I am actually one of those women that loves her boobs, which has made it worse. I bet you're wondering what my other favourite asset is hehe) glad the cancer that's left after chemo is finally being removed from my body. Happy I don't need radiotherapy, this is because I'm having full mastectomy and all my lymph nodes were clear of cancer.

Over the next few months I will be getting saline injected into my implants every 3 weeks as my skin stretches and eventually nipple reconstruction. I can't wait for this journey to be over and get on with my life. So hopefully by Christmas (yes I mentioned the other C word) I'll have the boobs I want and some hair on my head!

Thank you for all my cards, best wishes, flowers and presents. xxxx

LET'S GO KICK CANCERS BUTT BIG STYLE

No comments:

Post a Comment