Total Pageviews

Monday 29 June 2015

Chemo 5 day 18

Chemo 5 Day 18

Even though my chemo was reduced to an 85% dosage I've still had a bad time with it. Seems like the side effects are cumulative with this drug. I'm so worn out now it's scary, I can't walk more than 10 steps without sitting down, I can't stand for long and I can't do much with my hands due to the peripheral neuropathy and thin sore skin. I went to the doctors today for my bloods and I had to stand in a queue, I ended up sitting on the floor in the queue I just couldn't stand any more! I'm using pure coconut oil and wearing cotton gloves and socks when I go to bed at the moment, that seems to help a bit with the sore skin.

I still have no taste buds but I can smell now. I say no taste buds, I can taste vinegar but my tongue can't stand it right now. Well I went for the 15 prunes and 15 apricots and ended up going the opposite way for the first time this year, made a nice change to start but I ended up not being able to go anywhere as I was scared to leave the house lol. I can laugh now as I'm almost back to normal.

I've suffered with acid reflux more this time too because the chemo has destroyed my mucous membrane so I'm permanently on medication for that at the moment. Still injecting blood thinners too, hoping that can stop soon. Looking forward to the end of chemo symptoms and no medication for a few weeks so much. But first I have to tackle my last chemo on Friday which I really don't want and would do anything to not go there ever again. Wish me luck!



Posh beans on toast

This made me laugh

No comments:

Post a Comment