Total Pageviews

Saturday 20 June 2015

Chemo 5 day 9

Chemo 5 Day 9

Well that was a rough week yet again, slightly better than chemo 4 but not much. If chemo 4 was 10/10 then chemo 5 was 9/10. I've had all the same symptoms as last time on Docetaxel even though the dosage was reduced to 85%, apart from the severe rash, so not much different. Morphine has been my life saver that's for sure, definitely going to make sure I have some next time too. The bone pain has been 9/10 and the muscular pain 8/10, I only find this out from how bad it is when I wake as the medication has worn of through the night.

Nausea has been bad this time but within half an hour of taking the new medication it goes, shame I can't take it more regular because it actually works but it's only allowed 3 times a day. At least I've not actually been sick this time though. By Thursday I started to feel more human and could actually walk around a bit so managed to sit in the garden for half an hour.

On a slightly smellier note I've been to the toilet every day this time and all I can put that down to is having 10 prunes and 10 apricots a day hehe, the packets recommend 3-4 a day but I'd had enough of being constipated and looking 6 months pregnant and thought sod it. So a great week in that department until Friday when I started having bad stomach cramps, and I've now not been for a number 2 since Thursday morning, maybe I need 20 prunes and 20 apricots haha ;-)

My skin is so thin now mainly on my hands and feet, along with the nerve damage I'm finding it hard to do most things now, I can't even get my medication out of the packet, so had a little melt down the other day, just hope it does get better! But one good thing is I've got rid of any hard skin I had which is a bonus, flip flop feet here I come :-) Shame about the weather though they won't be coming out today grrr.

It was also a rough week as we've lost a few online friends to cancer the last few weeks, so many tears have been shed for them and their families. R.I.P. Jojo & Rosie xxxx

I've had some new scarves and a wig to add to my collection  too. Some lovely Poppy cuddles. Thank you to Angie for staying with me this week you've been an Angel, such lovely company and I couldn't have coped without you, thank you for everything you've done for me. Also thank you to Jan for visiting me and my little gifts. Have a good weekend all. xxxx



Breast Cancer NOW new advert
http://breastcancernow.org/thelastone/

Sad to lose another online friend to Cancer. Thoughts are with your family. R.I.P. Jojo & Rosie. xxxx
https://fightinggenghis.wordpress.com/2015/06/12/the-end/
http://jojogingerhead.co.uk/final-status/

Another young ladies story from the Young Breast Cancer Network. xx
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/you-feel-like-youve-destroyed-5887028#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Medical Marijuana and the future of Breast Cancer
http://thespiritscience.net/2015/06/11/is-medical-marijuana-the-future-of-breast-cancer-therapy/

More trials
http://www.iflscience.com/brain/human-trial-investigating-cannabis-brain-cancer-treatment-set-commence-year-embargoed-11-jun










My Lilly's are open :-)


Not very attractive I know, but Poppy cuddles are the best :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment