Total Pageviews

Saturday 13 June 2015

Chemo 5 day 2

Chemo 5 Day 2
 
Well chemo went well yesterday, was only 30 minutes late getting in compared to 90 minutes last time. All the nurses are run of their feet bless. My first night I lost my taste by tea time but can just about taste crystallised ginger which I eat for nausea. So I got my taste buds and smell back for one day, how kind of you docetaxel! Had a bad case of nausea and I'm on 2 different tablets for that, but they supplied me with a third new one to try and said I could take one last night if needed, so I did, seems to have helped a little.
 
I've had insomnia for two nights now due to the amount of steroids I'm on. Last lot to take tonight thankfully, so I may sleep tomorrow. Can't believe I never slept with all the medication I'm on this week, I even resorted to morphine hoping it would knock me out but no. Dare I take a sleeping pill tonight, hate the things but I'm so tired think I got 3 hours each night after laying there for 6 hours. Can't drink alcohol at the moment either grrr.
 
Anyway fingers crossed my reduced dosage of chemo helps with the side effects and I don't suffer like last time. They started kicking in on the Monday and were really bad by the end of the day. Thankfully I keep a diary and can look back to compare. Best thing I've done during chemo. "Chemo brain" or "Chemonesia" (as I like to call it) has a damn lot to answer for. My hair surely will grow back blonde hehe, sorry blonde friends ;-)
 
Hope you're all having a nice weekend, even on this wet and miserable day. xx 
 
 
Waiting on the patio swings before chemo, a bit squinty eyed hehe

My view from the swing, not great but better than some.

Tired on the chemo suite after 3 hours sleep grrr

 

No comments:

Post a Comment