Total Pageviews

Wednesday 10 June 2015

Chemo 4 day 20

Chemo 4 Day 20

After a visit to the hospital today to see my Oncologist and we talked through my last chemo and the side effects I suffered with, he decided to reduce the dosage of Docetaxel to 85%, which I'm happy with and also gave me Morphine for the bone/muscular pain (bare in mind I also have the pain condition Fibromyalgia), some new sickness drugs as I was so sick for a week last time and some steroid cream and antihistamine tablets for the severe rash I had on my neck. My chemo dosage has been reduced mainly because I suffered so many side effects but also because I have Stage 1 peripheral neuropathy and if it develops to stage 3 chemo will be stopped and my last chemo 4/7/15 won't go ahead. My blood tests were fine although the neutrophils are low at 2.8, they were 5.4 before chemo, if they go below 1.5 you can't have chemo. If they go down to 1.0 you are classed as Neutropenic, so I've been very lucky to receive G-CSF injections each round to help build my white cells backup.

My symptoms on Docetaxel (Taxotere):

Bone pain
Muscular pain
No taste or smell for a week, also burning tongue and ulcers
Sickness/Nausea
Rash
Pin & needles in veins
Thinner skin so sore palms, soles of feet, eyes, mouth and nose
Peripheral Neuropathy in hands and feet
Constipation
Nose bleeds

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutropenia

http://www.macmillan.org.uk/information-and-support/coping/side-effects-and-symptoms/other-side-effects/peripheral-neuropathy.html

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/cancers-in-general/treatment/cancer-drugs/docetaxel




No comments:

Post a Comment