Total Pageviews

Sunday 7 June 2015

Chemo 4 day 17

Chemo 4 Day 17

Not doing too bad now, had a lovely relaxing weekend with family and managed to enjoy some sun in the garden. But Thursday I ended up in hospital after phoning my Oncologist and mentioning my nose bleeds. Chemotherapy can make you more vulnerable to excessive bleeding and bruising. This can cause easily bruised skin, nose bleeds and bleeding gums. So after 7 hours in hospital and various tests, I ended up with new medication for my nausea which has been bad this time and having my nose cauterised using a chemical swab. This seals the blood vessels and builds scar tissue to help prevent more bleeding. So I now have silver in my nose, maybe I should get a gold tooth! I can't blow or pick my nose, only dab it so it's still sore as constantly running, I also have a pea size ball of blood in my nose, I'm told this will drop off itself in time.

As you can see below this chemo is damaging my nails too, they've gone dark, ridges and ripping off as so thin. My hair is falling out again, the little spikes that I had growing on my head has bald patches appearing all over. I think I have 4 eyebrow hairs on each side left lol!

Anyway last week I won a competition for 3 months supply from Vegan tuck box, very exciting and I never win anything. I've received my first one, see picture below. http://www.vegantuckbox.co.uk/

My mom sent for a Bob’s Boxes which is a service that provides free post-mastectomy care packages for women with breast cancer. Filled with useful, quality items, they are designed to make the days after surgery more comfortable and to provide a pick-me-up for women going through this difficult time. I had some lovely things and it felt like my birthday again hehe. http://bobsboxes.org/

Anyway I'm of for a bath going into the office tomorrow afternoon as long as no one has any illnesses. Have a good week xxxx


Bored in hospital

Lauren trying out her Race For Life gear

Sue's pink cancer garden

Beautiful flowers from Mel, Richard and Lousie xxx
 
Bob's boxes

Vegan tuck box

My hideous nails on docetaxel

Enjoying some sun

Dylan in my wig

Freya in my wig

2 comments:

  1. You my darling are pretty damn epic. Love you Sis xxxx

    ReplyDelete