Total Pageviews

Monday 18 January 2016

Gynacology time to talk about Ovary removal

Today I had my first appointment with the Gynaecologist to discuss having my ovaries removed. I had bloods and an examination, I'm now waiting for a letter in the post for a scan to see how the land lies as she put it. After a discussion and realising I was waiting for Gene testing, the result of that will decide as to whether I have an Oophorectomy or a Hysterectomy. Either way it's at least 2 months away.

So I'm now waiting for a scan through Gynaecology, Ultrasound through the Breast Clinic, Gene Testing through Genetics and Nipple tattoo discussion at the Breast Clinic. Will it ever end!

I've also had my B12 injection today, we tried it in my buttocks instead of my leg today and it was much kinder to me, so it will be in my bum from now on.

I saw my doctor on Friday and he is happy with how my new medication is working, I'm now taking it at 8pm and I'm ok to drive by 9.30am, my doctor thinks it will improve over another week or so, so I'm chuffed with that. My coccyx is ok some days and not others, so I just need to walk about more as it seems it's bruised and I can't sit down for prolonged periods. If it gets any worse then more cortisone injections may be needed.

I got my first hair cut the weekend, it's not a great style at the moment but there's not much else you can do with it so short. I managed a few walks the weekend at 2.5 miles each, so I'm happy with that. I've signed up for three 5k  Race For Life events this year, one being the 5k Pretty Muddy, I've always fancied rolling in mud, I must have been a pig or a hippo in a former life haha! Hoping to do 3 full days in the office this week and increase my exercises, then I can get back to musical theatre and dancing :-)  Have a good week all. xxx


My first hair cut

 
 
Muddy dog walks at the weekend


The Lady is Jojo Ginger Head, who recently gained her wings
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I now your fed up hearing it but I am so proud of you love you so much xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete