Total Pageviews

Tuesday 26 January 2016

Final Implant inflation

Yesterday turned out to be a good day, My Consultant and Ultrasound doctor along with two nurses helped to get the last 50ml of saline into my right implant. It only took 2 attempts and I'm so very grateful to them all for everything they have done for me, they went above and beyond the call of duty to do everything they could for me, I could have kissed them all. :-D
 
So I now have matching boobies, I just need them to soften and settle into place now as they are still hard in places and there are a few kinks in the implants which are causing me pain.
 
My Chemo Brain (Mild cognitive impairment) as I call it, is driving me mad and it is so embarrassing! I am able to do everyday things. But I'm not able to do some things quite as well as before I had cancer. My symptoms can include
  • Memory loss – forgetting things that you normally remember
  • Difficulty thinking of the right word for a particular object
  • Difficulty following the flow of a conversation
  • Trouble concentrating or focusing on one thing
  • Difficulty doing more than one thing at a time (multi tasking)
  • More difficulty doing things you used to do easily, such as adding up in your head
  • Fatigue (tiredness and lack of energy)
  • Confusion
  • Mental fogginess
The changes are mild and very subtle. But they are reducing my quality of life. I am doing lots of brain training apps and quizzes, I'm determined to get back to where I was pre cancer. I write everything down and put everything in my diary. So if you do see or hear me struggling with any of the above please don't laugh at me it's hard enough dealing with it in my own head.

Doctors say for most people, the symptoms have either gone or really improved within a year of ending treatment. But for some people the symptoms can be long term and may continue for years after treatment has finished.

Here's hoping mine improves sooner rather than later!

I'm also struggling with anxiety, depression and fatigue, and they say that all four things are linked to one another. So I'm hoping if I can combat one problem the rest will follow.

Yesterday was a year since the day I found the large tumour in my one breast, and I'm still here and there is no evidence of disease. So that has put a big smile on my face. :-D

To celebrate I decided to make a change and took the bleach to my hair, now I just need a nice tan to go with it. I'm working on that one!
 
 
 
 




 
 



2 comments:

  1. Your brilliant and so proud of you love you so much xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete