Total Pageviews

Saturday 23 January 2016

Coccyx pain

Well the weekend is here and you'll be glad to hear I did 3 days in the office, and I managed to get in for 9am yesterday! But since 2pm yesterday I've been in agony with my coccyx. So I'm sat on piles of soft pillows. My GP thinks it's just bruising, but I don't want any more cortisone if I can help it, I think Physiotherapy is helping then I get a bad night like last night, perseverance I suppose!
 
I've got an appointment on Monday with my Consultant and the Ultrasound doctor, to hopefully find my port and inflate my right implant fully...fingers crossed!
 
My appointment for Genetics has come through for the 3rd March 2016, better late than never....but will the results be back in time for Gynaecology on the 7th or do I need to re-arrange that!
 
On a good note I've re-connected with a friend who has not long been back in the UK and I'm looking forward to seeing more of her. :-D
 
Have a good weekend, I will try even though I'm doing Tax Returns, oh the joy! xx
 
 
 
 I now have a Just Giving page for the 3 Race For Life Events I'm doing this year.
 
If you wish to join me and my team AJ's Warriors, here are the codes: 
 Dudley 5k code TR8492
Stamford 5k code EZ1638
Stamford Pretty Muddy 5k AA5160
 
CANCER LIGHT by Jude Pilsworth -My Pink Sister <3
 
So, you think I had it easy, that I just had Cancer Lite?
You think I got off lightly, that I didn't have to fight?
To wake up every morning (at least if I'd had any sleep)...

To face another day knowing this life's not mine to keep.
I used to be so care free,to live from day to day
It's only now I realise, it can quickly be taken away.
Like you I thought that cancer without chemo meant cancer lite,
I learned how wrong that was as I lay fearful every night!
Can you imagine waking with such panic in your heart?
Not knowing how this cancer would tear your old life apart.
Can you imagine waking to the scars upon your breast,
Can you imagine feeling like you cannot ever rest.
Can you imagine panic, after every single pain, worrying
Is this the one that says, 'it's back again?'
Try for a moment thinking how do I get back my life?
How can I be that mother, sister, daughter, friend or wife?
When all the while the fear inside is tearing me apart
Resounding in my thoughts and now palpating in my heart.
Get over it you tell me, it's past, it's over, done
But once you walk in my shoes , tell me how to overcome,
This fear that is a part of me, a fear that never might,
Let me forget, for a moment , what you think is Cancer Lite!!!
 
 
 
I wish....it's nothing of the sort!
I wish I kept my own breasts above my Implants.
 I wish I still had nipples.
I wish my muscle was never used as a sling for the implants.
I wish they still looked south and not north.
I wish it wasn't so painful to lay on my side .
Doubt I will have them replaced when the time comes in 10-15 years.
But I am glad I'm still alive.
 





2 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda you been though so much and I am so proud of you and miss you so much will see you soon love you mom xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete