Total Pageviews

Wednesday 16 December 2015

Coccyx injections & cancer medication

Well my GP doesn't know what my coccyx pain is, but apparently it is very common. He asked me how brave I was feeling, so I said after this year nothing phases me anymore, what have you got in mind? He said a cortisone injection into your coccyx, so I said go for it as i'm willing to try anything to get rid of this excruciating pain. So doctors have seen all my bits now including my arse! OMG did it hurt, to hell it did, ouch ouch ouch! Wasn't quite the words I used to be honest. I couldn't sit for long anyway and tonight I can only lay down, could be 2 days before I feel any effect. Dreading the anasthetic wearing off and being in more pain. Hopefully it will beworth it!

He's also swapped my medication from Gabapentin to Duloxetine as the Citalopram wasn't working on 300mg and I was reluctant to take a higher does as i've had it before and piled on 3 stone in weight. Hopefully the duloxetine will help the pain but also it should help my fibromyalgia, peripheral neuropathy and anxiety, all with just one tablet, fingers crossed.

Sadly I can't take citalopram with duloxetine, which I use for my hot flushes, but he said the duloxetine could possibly help with that, you'll just have to wait and see. So i'm trying this out for 2 months unless the hot flushes become unbearable.

Tomorrow I have my councelling with Coping with Cancer which still helps me so much. I also have my weekly B12 injection at the local hospital, then Friday I have physio. Will these appontments ever end!

I also found out today it's very doubtful I can freeze my eggs before I have my ovaries removed, plus it was also mentioned that my body probably couldn't cope with giving birth anyway, so if I did want children of my own it's looking highly unlikely now.

Anyway the other C word is almost up on us, so I'm going to celebrate it big style this year. Lots of drink, food, presents and partying. So if i don't blog again this year Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year xx














A few drinks with the girls

My new boobies :-)

2 comments:

  1. You had a tough year and been though enough for one year so party on amanda I'm with you all the way love you mom see you soon xxx xxx xxx

    ReplyDelete