Total Pageviews

Wednesday 2 December 2015

2nd implant inflation

Today I went to hospital for my 2nd inflation on both implants, my consultant had a nigtmare trying to find the ports where they inject the saline. They decided to hide right behind my implants, he thinks after the last inflation they moved. He tried to inject into both sides with no success, the blue saline that was put in my implants during surgery wasn't coming back into the syringe. He tried a few times, and on my right side he had yellow come back into the syringe, which he said was a seroma. So there I was with no inflation, my bottom lip hit the floor, i'd been looking forward to this for weeks.

So of my consultant went to chat to the unltrasound doctor and he came back with good news, as we thought we'd have to try this another day. So we wheeled everything down the coridoor to the ultrasound room, to see if they could find my ports. Eventually they found them but they were really deep behind my implants, and my right one was hidden by a seroma. So away we went again, needle in and could they get it into my left one, heck could they. So they decided to try my right and give the left a break. Again no such luck!

They had another look using ultrasound and said it was at my risk of puncturing the implant but they could try by lifting my implant and a different angle with the needle. I really wasn't happy as my boobs were so I decided to take a risk. Away they went again tying this time with the ultrasound guiding them in. They found my left port and drew back blue liquid. So of we went with 50 ml of saline. At that point he said do you want to go for 100ml today seeing as it didn't bother you too much last time and this has been a nightmare, so I said yes please haha! So my left was inflated and a little bandage put over the injection site.

Now for the right side, so in they went with the needle, using ultrasound to guide them so as not to punture my implant. They could see on the ultrasound that the needle was pushing the port away, it had turned around. So they measured the depth and worked out a differernt angle and used a bigger needle. Once the needle was in he just kept moving it a millimeter at a time till he had got the right side of it and enter the port on the right side, this was very painful but worth it. Eventually they were in and drew back blue liquid, so away he went and put 50 ml in, then waited to see how I felt as this was my radiated side, I was fine and happy to go ahead, and he got another 50ml in. So i've had 100ml each side and i'm well happy. Bandage on and up I sat up, then liquid started spurting everywhere, obviously we thought my implant had punctured but noticed the liquid was yellow, such a relief it was the seroma, so they drained that too. So I have a big bandage on that side, which is soaked and i've already had to change it once.

It was so werid laying there seeing your boobs gradually getting bigger, it looked like they were blowing up balloons haha!

The day wasn't over, I then had to go and get my bloods done that I couldn't get done at my GP because they need testing within 30 minutes of being taken. I needed these done before my Oncology appointment next Monday, so of we went into another queue, another blinking needle arghh.

It was one of the longest days ever, but it was worth it, for the first time this year, I like my new boobs. Not as much as my real ones, but they tried to kill me. So I'm really happy with my new boobs, at last i'm starting to look like a woman, just need a bit more hair now.

I had a great weekend, Friday I went to an Adult pot painting evening with friends and wine. Saturday was my works christmas party, and it was a great party, i've not been that drunk in ages. I think I mixed my drinks a bit too much hehe. Thank you to everyone who made my weekend such fun. xxxx






















No comments:

Post a Comment