Total Pageviews

Saturday 21 March 2015

First Day of Chemotherapy

Well today's the day I start to kick cancers arse. Wig fitting at 12pm then chemotherapy at 1pm. Wig is just there in case I need it, doubt very much I will wear it, but best to have it there rather than not.  I picked the second wig I tried after trying many, typical eh!
 
Chemo Day1
Getting nervous now 1pm is approaching, decided to try the cold cap to save my hair, there is a 1 in 3 chance. It's - 5° and 15 minutes in I can't bare it, too much pressure and feel like my head is being crushed. Didn't think I would with my Fibromyalgia pain condition, was a bit upsetting but I gave it a go.
 
The chemotherapy treatment all went OK, felt cold when going down my arm and my arm was really cold to touch compared to the rest of my body, pictures below for those that want to see. I felt ok until I got home and felt tired then I got aching bones, headache, lethargic and dizzy. Later on I felt really heavy and felt like I had pins and needles through my whole body it was horrible. Then the nausea kicked in, it was so bad I had to phone the hospital and they bought my second lot of anti sickness pills forward. Tonight was the worst night of my life. I went to bed for a few hours sleep, woke at midnight to go to the toilet but by the time I got there I had to vomit, too much information I know! I went back to bed and had restless sleep.

Not impressed
 

Not too cold yet
 
Still ok
 

Maybe I can do this
 

Get it off me now, gutted

Angry but I tried

Sad but my red wee is funny

E part of FEC-T chemo

E part of FECT-T chemo

C part of FEC-T chemo


F part of FEC-T chemo...thank FEC for that!
My new wig

No comments:

Post a Comment