Total Pageviews

Wednesday 18 March 2015

Sentinel Lymph Node Surgery

Well up at 5.15am ready for surgery. Got to Hospital at 6.50am. It was the longest day ever. I waited until 3.30pm before they took me down. The worst part was no food or water all day, and I ended up with a migraine, but they let me have some Paracetamol with a sip of water at about 2pm.
My consultant came to see me first thing and marked me up ready for surgery, see my tattoo picture below. I then had to go for my 'nuclear injections' - ouchie! These... went into the side of each areola so it travelled through the Lymphatic System. Then, once I had the general anaesthetic, they would inject a blue dye so the surgeon could find my lymph nodes. I will have blue boobs for a few months and blue wee for a few days (pictures below) lol!

My care team were amazing and I was laughing until I fell asleep, woke up in recovery and didn't stop talking lol! I had all sorts of drugs including Morphine grin emoticon I had cheese and crackers and lots of tea, biscuits and water - I was ravenous!

I didn't expect to be let home that night but I got home about 10pm. It was nice to be in my own bed. My opioid medication is very good, but there is no way I could drive even if I was allowed to hehe! It's that good while on the way home I said I'd had 'keem kackers and cheese' to eat which was funny.

Tim and I were chatting in the car on the way home about a lady I was speaking to just before we left the ward. I said she'd had a mastectomy and Tim asked "single?", to which I replied "no she's married" pmsl!

I met some lovely ladies today going through the same thing and all dealing with it in different ways. Annie told me I was too young for this and she would always think about me bless her xx

Blue wee teehee!
 

After surgery on the ward
 


Just before leaving hospital
 
My blue boobs


 
My tattoos lol!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment