Total Pageviews

Monday 30 March 2015

Chemo day 11

Chemo Day 11

I've had a lovely lazy weekend, no new side effects from chemo which I'm happy about. I'm very lethargic and my bones are permanently aching but it's bearable, I can walk about and do things now which is great. My sore mouth hasn't got any worse thankfully, but I don't like it at all, could never of imagined a dry scaly mouth before chemo!

I'm struggling to get to sleep and can be 2-3am before I do, but when I do I'm managing 7 hours, I'm taking 2 herbal sleeping pills which I take at 9pm and help me sleep through, I may increase it to 3 see if it helps me get to sleep.

Well that's my 5 days of injecting myself over with for 3 weeks, so happy I can now do it myself, still freaks me out the thought of injecting yourself but I do it :-)

I've had some lovely flowers today from my Neighbour Mickie, thank you so much they're beautiful xx

I had some lovely meals the weekend, Roast vegetable couscous on Friday and on Saturday we tried a new recipe Cauliflower and red pepper casserole, which we had with broccoli, baby corn and greens. I know you meat eaters out there are probably thinking yuk lol but I am veggie and I love what I'm eating, so grateful I can actually taste my food again for now.

Here's the recipe for those of you that want to try it:
http://12tomatoes.com/2014/10/baked-vegetable-recipe-ovenroasted-cauliflower-and-tomato-casserole.html

I talk about food as practicing healthy eating habits throughout cancer treatment is essential. Staying hydrated and maintaining muscle tissue with enough fluids, calories and nutrients can reduce treatment delays, boost your immune system and help minimize debilitating side effects such as fatigue.

This is the roasted garlic sweet potato soup recipe we tried was very yummy and will be using it again. Eating garlic regularly is not only good for us; it has been linked to reversing cancer and infections. Not that I'm expecting it to, but it may help you never know unless you try eh!

http://breastcanceryogablog.com/2015/03/02/garlic-recipe-for-healing-roasted-garlic-sweet-potato-soup/

I baked some cherry and almond cookies on Sunday, the first thing I have baked in my new NEFF oven, I love it. It hurt me to stir the ingredients and I had a little cry but it's only temporary as nearly two weeks since surgery now and I should be able to drive Wednesday. So I only baked one item, but look forward to more soon.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend xx


Flowers from my lovely neighbour Mickie xx


Cauliflower and red pepper casserole.

Mushrooms on toast I had for breakfast...yum yum!

Everyone seems to prefer this wig.

A wig I wore in the stage show
Cabaret and for my 3oth birthday party.

I managed a bit of sun before it rained all weekend!

Cherry & Almond cookies...and they're Vegan.

This made me really lol!



1 comment:

  1. well done your doing so well keep it up and love your wig's really suit you lot's love mom xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete