Total Pageviews

Thursday 15 November 2018

8 Days Post Surgery

Can you believe that after a great day yesterday, I had the worst night ever! I lay awake till 6am, I just couldn't get comfortable and was very irritable. I also had a drain leak and had body fluid all over me, so I had to get up and change my PJ's and dressings. But I managed to sleep in till 11.30am thankfully.

I'm so glad these new drains are better than the drains I had in 2015, a drain failure then meant a 60 mile round trip for me to get it fixed, now I can open the top and revac it myself!

This afternoon I managed to shower and a quick shampoo of my hair, these pain killers are great, mind you I did end up taking morphine at 5am this time. Not had morphine since my last day in hospital.

I've took some pictures of myself in my post surgery bra before and after surgery, one shows my tummy scar and new belly button  so don't scroll down if you're queesy! My tummy tattoo did start on my left breast as requested, but sadly failed in surgery and took them a long while to do the left one, that's why I was 12 hours in theatre!

Thank you for my lovely cards. Fingers crossed for a better sleep tonight! xx



This heated blanket from my Auntie Judith has been a godsend, thank you again. xx









Before & After DIEP Breast Reconstruction

I'm a new woman! 
New hair, new eyebrows & new Boobs! 




No comments:

Post a Comment