Total Pageviews

Thursday 29 November 2018

Depression and anxiety!

I personally have fought with depression and more recently anxiety. My depression first started roughly six years ago when I first noticed my bodily aches and pains and eventually being diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I first noticed this on my last mountain climbing holiday in the Lake District, coming down from the 75th mountain I'd climbed with Tim and the dogs. I had to walk down sideways, my knees and ankles had swollen up so much and I was in agony.

I was teaching dance back then too, with my own little dance school, I had classes 3 days a week for all ages, I even choreographed many shows locally, I loved it. My life was great, I was doing everything I enjoyed!

Almost four years ago as you know I was diagnosed with Breast cancer, and my little world felt like it had ended. I gradually went deeper and deeper into my depression with all the treatments, medications, failed surgeries and bone pain getting worse and worse. Anxiety then started to appear, every little pain, makes you think it's cancer coming back, omg am I going to die.

But I'm finally able to see a light at the end of a very long tunnel. I finally have the feminine body I wanted when I was first told I had cancer but I was too skinny back then. I hated the thought of implants but went along with my consultants opinions. I finally have hair and eyebrows again, thanks to microblading. I can feel myself becoming happier every day, I don't think I want to die anymore, which is great news. I finally want to do what I've always dreamt of, working for myself doing a mixture of things, pet sitting, sewing and accounts. I have a few new jobs lined up for all 3 businesses, ready to start in 2019!

I'm not out of the woods yet, but I am getting there. If you know someone struggling with depression and anxiety, please don't tell them to just sort it out and get over it, understand them, listen to them, just be there for them, even if it's just talking about normal things. Help someone you love today!



No comments:

Post a Comment