Total Pageviews

Monday 13 April 2015

Chemo 2 day 1

Chemo 2 Day 1
 
Well the dreaded day is here, had trouble with my veins blocking this time, thought we might have to cannulate my other hand, but eventually it settled down. Treatment was worse this time, tingling sensations and ice cold veins. But it's done so of home with all my medication for side effects. Journey home was good, the side effects didn't hit me till tea time. I managed to eat pasta bake and lots of fresh veg.
 
The lethargy and aching bones kicked in which got worse and worse as the night went on. Later in the evening I got the tingling veins and nausea but nowhere near as bad as last time. By 9pm I was in bed, felt like I was drunk. Walking like a granny and really slow speech. Had a disturbed night but managed 7 hours in total.
 
Arrived home to a pink bobble hat and a badge from Breast Cancer Care for my head shave which was nice.  
 
On the chemotherapy suite
 
 
 
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment