Total Pageviews

Wednesday 22 April 2015

Chemo 2 day 13

Chemo 2 Day 13

Well my new medication appears to be helping much better with my thrombus pain and sleeping, only thing is I am a bit spaced out but so happy to sleep straight through for 6 hours then woke and managed another 2 hours. Hoping for the same or better tonight. Still not regular enough on the toilet, but at least I've been a few times now! I'm still in my vulnerable week where I can't risk being by anyone with a cold, flu, chickenpox or anyone who has just had the polio jab. Sadly my arm is stopping me from driving also, all I can say is it best be better next week, I need to get out, these four walls are driving me mad!

My chemo side effects are still lethargy, aching and sore mouth. Apparently there is an enzyme in pineapple which helps so I eat lots of it and I also eat lots of ice cream and ice lollies, which are recommended, well there has to be some benefits to having chemo, just hope I don't pile on the pounds :-/  I have to use a soft toothbrush while on chemo also, and regular mouth wash to keep the dreaded ulcers ay bay.

It's so quiet now my mom has gone home, not that she's noisy or anything. But my dogs don't quite hold the same conversation lol! She'll be back end of May with my niece Lauren :-D

So many friends and family are doing so many fund raisers for Cancer, I'm proud of them all. Kay and Jan are shaving their hair off. Lucy and friends are doing a show called Cabaresque for Cancer in Peterborough on 23/10/15, see below for tickets. 18 family & friends are running Race for Life in Stamford, Lincs on 31/05/15. Many other family & friends are running Race for Life around the UK over the next few months. Alison sold Aloe Vera plants and put the money towards Jan's head shave. Lorraine is making cancer support jewellery. Sarah's little daughter is making loom band jewellery. Sorry if I've missed anyone off...blame my Chemonesia ;-)

I've had a beautiful top, flowers and chocolates from Jan & Nigel, look at the beautiful butterflies too, thank you so much xxxx


KAY'S HEAD SHAVE DONATIONS 22/04/15
https://www.givey.com/headshavehuginabagblackpool

JAN'S HEAD SHAVE DONATIONS 12/05/15
https://www.justgiving.com/jan-harvey2/

RACE FOR LIFE GROUP DONATIONS 31/05/15
https://www.justgiving.com/amandabills/

CABARESQUE FOR CANCER 23/10/15
http://www.wegottickets.com/event/316340

CABARESQUE FOR CANCER DONATIONS 23/10/15
http://www.gofundme.com/kickcancersarse

CABARESQUE EVENT ON FACEBOOK 23/10/15
https://www.facebook.com/events/384013505115562/





Lovely top from Jan & Nigel xx


Flowers from Jan & Nigel xxxx
 

Butterflies :-)
 




2 comments:

  1. awwww missing you as well this week, ill be back soon hope you have a nice birthday and i hope you can get out on your birthday make a nice change for you.And love the top and flower's with nice butterfly's, so glad your sleeping better.
    lot's love mom and dad and toby xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, can't wait to see you again. Yes hopefully I'll get out on my birthday. Lots of Love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete