Total Pageviews

Monday 20 April 2015

Chemo 2 day 11

Chemo 2 Day 11

Sorry I've not posted for a few days, it's been one hell of a roller coaster this time with this thrombus on top of chemo side effects. Luckily my chemo side effects are improving but not any quicker than last time. I keep a diary of all my symptoms on each day and it's panning out the same as last time so far. Day 11 now and it's just the usual lethargy aches, pains, sore/dry mouth/throat. So going from my diary last chemo it's most probably bye bye eyebrows and eye lashes in 3-5 days, the last hairs standing lol!

Since A&E and getting thrombus in my chemo arm I now inject myself daily with Fragmin which blinking stings, I hate them but I manage to do it every day. My poor tummy looks like a pink cushion, I do like sewing but what the hell! I'm just telling myself they are helping you get better, come on girl you can do anything! At least my G-CSF injections are done with for a few weeks, so just one injection a day now.

I haven't had a decent sleep either since getting thrombus, last night I managed 4 hours. I've had my pain medication change three times already. Hoping todays new medication is going to change that. I've tried a few different codeines and I'm now trying Tramadol with Paracetamol and Ibuprofen in the day, then slow release tramadol and amitriptyline at night time, fingers crossed they work as I'm in agony for an hour every 4 hours at the moment and I've just about had enough.

On a good note my mom was here for the week looking after me, watching crap daytime TV while I worked, bless her. Have you tried typing with one arm, not easy. Miss her already, it was lovely to have her here. My bald head took her back 30 years ;-)

I've also purchased another wig, I've always wanted rainbow hair, so now's the time, I love it can't wait to be out of my vulnerable week next Friday so I can wear it out the weekend...I may get a ride out to the supermarket if I'm lucky, or maybe I should treat myself seeing as it's my birthday next Monday...bald on my birthday, I won't forget this one in a hurry.

I couldn't decide whether to post this but this is my blog about my journey and it is a big part of chemo and I wanted this blog to help others on a similar journey in the future. Don't read further if you don't like pooh talk ;-)

This time the constipation has been worse, don't suppose the codeine has helped that I needed for thrombus pain. I didn't go toilet for 8 days, imagine 8 meals inside you I looked blinking 8 months pregnant that's for sure! So uncomfortable it was unreal. I had laxative tablets before bed, laxative powders 4 times a day and last few days I've had to resort to suppositories...never used them in my life before...bloody crappy cancer has a lot to answer for...pardon the pun! Hoping Tramadol doesn't make this any worse but I'm still on the shit tasting laxatives...hehe! Stubborn bowels or what....just like Rutland Water Dam :-/

Have a good week everyone whatever you're doing xx


http://www.nhs.uk/medicine-guides/pages/MedicineOverview.aspx?condition=Blood%20clotting&medicine=Fragmin&preparation=Fragmin%2015,000units/0.6ml%20solution%20for%20injection%20pre-filled%20syringes

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/cancers-in-general/treatment/cancer-drugs/gcsf





Beautiful flowers from Angie xx


Beautiful necklace from my mom & dad xxxx


My new fun time wig :-D

My new scarf from my mom & dad xxxxx


Enjoying a little sun, no joseph jokes thank you ROB xx

My cancer doll made my one of my pink sisters, how sweet xxxx

2 comments:

  1. awwww your beautiful bald it's nice to feel it defo like when you was a baby and yes it dose take me back, and love your new wig really suit's you glad you like your scarf and neckless, just hope you feel better this week love you loads mom and dad and toby xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete