Total Pageviews

Tuesday 28 April 2015

Chemo 2 day 19

Chemo 2 Day 19

Well it was my Birthday yesterday and I had a lovely long Birthday weekend. Family and friends visited, was lovely and sunny so managed to spend most of it in the garden, Saturday and Sunday I wrapped up well as I feel the cold, but Monday I managed to remove some layers and therefore needed to use sun cream which was nice to feel the sun on my skin. I always tan really easily but sadly this year I'll be paler than I've ever been. I've had some lovely cards, presents, flowers and cakes, thank you all for making it special. xx

My chemo side effects now are aching all over, tired, sore mouth, nose bleeds as my skin has thinned and very dry skin on my face and body. The only hair I have now is my eyebrows and eyelashes, so saving money on shampoo, conditioner and shaving stuff, but I'm probably spending it on new hats, scarves and wigs hehe!

My thrombus is a tiny bit better, I decided to miss a dose of pain killers to see how I was doing and only managed 2 hours and had to take them. I can still feel all the clots and now have cording in same arm. Not a happy bunny.   http://www.breastcancer.org/treatment/side_effects/aws

I am now getting a decent medicated sleep every night which is great, not really slept well since diagnosis back in February.

Had my bloods done today at my GP surgery, tomorrow I'm of to see my Oncologist for a check up, hoping my bloods are good and the thrombus doesn't delay my chemotherapy on Friday.

One of my friends granddaughters has made loom band jewellery to raise money for Cancer Research UK and took them to school to sell, she did really well. She also made me one which I love, thank you Amber xxxx

One of my friends from school has done an amazing thing and shaved her hair of for Cancer. Her charity is Hug in a bag in Blackpool. So far she has raised £468.25. Well done honey, you're a star. xxxx



Kay's before & after xx
 
 
Well done Kay xx

 
Little Amber made me a loom band bracelet xx
 

Lovely plant from Andy xx


Collette made me look like a Smurf hehe!

Still eating healthy :-)

Flowers from Collette xx

Birthday Girl :-D

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda glad you had a nice birthday and lot's family and freinds come to see you, i am missing you wish i could come next week but will see you on 24th may with lauren to look after you give tim a little helping hand or inderence lol.you freind Kay did so well bless her and love your bracelet, and your plant and flowers glad your eating well and siting in the sun. lot's love mom and dad and toby xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you too, but the time will fly by and you'll be here again. Love you xxxxxxxxxx

      Delete
  2. Hope it was a lovely birthday! wish I'd have known : )
    WP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was thank you. Thank you for reading my blog WP :-)

      Delete