Total Pageviews

Monday 13 April 2015

Chemo 2 day 4

Chemo 2 Day 4

Had a rough weekend, after chemotherapy on Friday, side effects are slightly better than my first round. If last time was 100% bad this time is 85%. Luckily I've not actually been sick this time, just a little nausea, nothing a ginger biscuit can't fix. I've managed to eat a cooked meal daily also this time which is great. So apart from the lethargy, aching bones, tingling veins, heartburn, constipation and nausea I'm doing ok.

Back to Hospital today for a check up on my Lymph node surgery, had to have a bit of my stiches cut of which were sticking out, so feel better for that. Scars are healing nicely and are nowhere near as sore now.

My HER2 results were borderline so they were sent to the FISH (fluorescent in situ hybridisation) lab which determines whether I need an extra drug called Herceptin for a year, but still no results back yet.

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/about-breast-cancer/her-2


Due to my Oestrogen positive cancer I will be on Tamoxifen for ten years.

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/about-breast-cancer/hormone-receptors






Hospital journey

Fitting words shared by a fellow cancer survivor who has also been through chemo






No comments:

Post a Comment